Is it only me who has lusted over the Brimbles box? I always find myself watching unboxing’s of them on YouTube! Last month i was given £20 by a friend to buy one as a birthday present. She heard me talking about them and told me that i had to try them at least once. I took her advise and ordered one.
Brimbles boxes are made by the lovely Anna Brim and there are different types of boxes available
Examples of boxes that are available include:
- Brimbles Box Planner (Personal and A5) £15 a month or £18 one off box.
- Brimbles Box Stationery £15 a month or £18 one off box.
- The Big Brimbles Box Stationery £28 one off box.
- The Happy Mail Box £15 a month or £18 one off box.
Postage is £3.50 to the UK. Anna does ship around the world but the price depends on where you are. There is a postage calculator on her website.
When ordering the brimbles box it is important to remember that you are buying something unseen. You do not get a preview of what you are going to receive as its done at random for a surprise. I love this element as its like opening a present at the beginning of the month so i like that idea however it might not be for everyone. You also have to remember that the boxes get sent on the first of every month. Therefor you need to order the month before to get the next month. For example i ordered my box on the 20th of October because i wanted to receive the November box. If you want the December box you need to order before the 30th of November i think! All this information will be on Anna’s Website linked here: http://www.mrsbrimbles.co.uk/product-category/brimblesbox/
Anyway on to the box i was sent!
I received my box 2 days after they were sent. It arrived in a white box with shredded paper inside. The contents of the box were in lovely red tissue paper. The theme of this month was Christmas. All the items in the box were linked to Christmas in one way or another. In every box Anna writes a lovely card that talks about all the items in the box and the theme of that month. I really like this because it makes it very personal like Anna is actually writing that for you.
The box i ordered was the A5 planner box. I was tempted to order the stationery box but i feel in love with Anna art and dashboards so i just had to get the A5 box. All the dashboards and cards are made by Anna herself using her own artwork.
Inside the box there was:
- A5 Dashboard- In my planner box i received the Elf dash. I love it so much! the colours Anna has used and the art skills of the Elf is amazing! My favorite Christmas film is Elf so it felt really fitting to use it in the Christmas period.
- Bunny paperclip from Craftin’ Chaos- Every month Anna tries to include pieces from different Etsy stores.This month Anna included two different shops in her Brimbles boxes. The first Etsy store was Craftin’ Chaos. The item that was included was a lovely Bunny holding a stocking paperclip. I haven’t got many paperclips so when i saw this i feel in love. I don’t really use paperclips in my planner as i am scared to break them but i love using them when taking pictures or putting them in the pockets of the planners to make it all pretty. The paperclip feels really sturdy. Some paperclips i have feel flimsy, like they will break if you use them. However this paperclip feels durable and strong.
- Santa sticky notes- This month Anna included two items that she made herself. The first item was a set of sticky notes. As soon as i saw them i feel in love! I’m a sucker for sticky notes. I have millions but i cannot help myself i always buy more. The reason that i am so in love with these ones is because of the space on them for you to write. I love cute sticky notes however i always find that they never have much room to actually write. Anna’s however are amazingly cute yet functional!
- Elf list pad- The second thing that Anna included from her own collection was these Elf list pads. Anna showed a sneak peak of the list pad on her Instagram channel at the beginning of the month. When i saw them i went crazy! I just had to have them! This was actually one of the main reasons that i brought the box this month haha! Anyway! the list pad is simply beautiful! I cannot wait to use them nearer the time. I can defiantly see them being put to a lot of use because of how functional they are. Anna has provided plenty of lines for Christmas TO DO’s which will defiantly help me get organised this Christmas.
- Candy cane washi tape- If you are like me then you love a good washi tape. Even better when its a Christmas one right! 😉 This month i received two washi tapes. The first one was sort of a candy cane design. Well that’s how i would describe it anyway. The roll has a good amount on there and the colours are very vibrant which is always nice for a good spread.
- Christmas penguin washi tape- The second washi tape i received was a cute penguin design. I couldn’t get a good photo of this washi tape due to the pattern was so small but its lovely and i cannot wait to use it!
- Santa planner charm- With every planner box you will recive a planner charm. This month it was a Christmas charm. To me this charm reminds me of the santa from the Coca Cola advert. I think that’s why i love it so much. Every Christmas time i always sit and wait for the Coca Cola Christmas advert to come on. Once i saw it i knew it was officially Christmas time. The charm feels really nice quality. It’s quite heavy which i really didn’t expect but that’s what makes it feel such good quality.
- Christmas stickers- The second Etsy store that Anna worked with this month was EllieBethDesigns. This Etsy store is well known in the UK for amazing quality stickers. I have never actually brought stickers from the store before but i have always looked at them when people shared their layout. The stickers that were included was made exclusively for the Brimble box which i though was a lovely touch. It was like our own stickers that were made just for us! When i opend the pack i could feel straight away that the stickers were amazing quality. I love the look of the stickers and i cannot wait to use them!
Value for money:
With my busniess head on i think this box is good value for money. You are getting good quality products that feel like they will last. On the other hand when i first opened the box i expected more for my money. I usually buy stationery cheap from Ebay so this was my first big purchase. However when i had a think about it, all the items in the box adds up to the amount i paid for the box if not more. I think when people buy the box you have to understand that you are not getting a box full of cheap stuff. You are receiving good quality items that will obviously cost a little bit more. Anna also includes items from Etsy stores so all this does need to be taken into account. Once i thought about it i can 100% understand why the box costs what it does and i am 100% happy with paying the price.
Overall my first impressions of this box was really good. I can defiantly tell that a lot of thought has gone into the planning and making of these boxes which makes them lovely and special to receive. I love everything in the box this month and i cannot wait to use them. I would like to thank Anna for providing this lovely service and putting in all the thought and planning to make this box truly special. I have also done a corrisponding YouTube video of this blog post so please have a look if you would like to. You can see all the items in this box a little bit better.
Thank you for reading this blog post and i hope that you liked it. Please comment below if you have any questions.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR2eJUx
Disclaimer: All views are my own and i have not been paid for this review.